Will I be able to buy insurance on-site?

No. NFIP policies can be purchased from any state-licensed property and casualty insurance agents. Through working with a specialized agent, you should be able to discuss different insurance options and decide which one would be best for you. You may already work with these agents for other property insurance needs. To find an insurance agent in your area who sells flood insurance, visit FloodSmart.gov at: www.floodsmart.gov.

Show All Answers

1. Is a property located in a floodplain?
2. What are the standards for constructing in a floodplain?
3. What are the requirements for existing structures within the floodplain?
4. What can be done if a floodplain map may have an error or be to be modified?
5. What changes will we see on the new Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM)?
6. Is it possible for me to view where my home lies on the new preliminary Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) prior to the Flood Risk Open House?
7. Who should attend the Flood Risk Open House?
8. What happens at the Flood Risk Open House?
9. Do I have to stay at the Open House for the entire time?
10. As a homeowner, what should I bring to the Flood Risk Open House?
11. Will I have to buy flood insurance?
12. Will I be able to buy insurance on-site?
13. What if I disagree with the new maps?