- City Hall Academy
City Hall Academy
* 2023 Registration is CLOSED *
City Hall Academy is an 8-week program designed to:
- Give City of Green Bay residents and business owners an opportunity to learn more about the City of Green Bay’s governmental processes.
- Familiarize residents with government services, functions, and activities.
- Enhance participants ability to communicate effectively with city staff members
Participants will meet City Officials, department directors, and other city staff for unique and informative sessions all while gaining a better understanding of City government operations. Participants will also get access to tours, presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on activities focused on every aspect of municipal government. It's the perfect opportunity to learn firsthand how city leaders make the decisions that affect our everyday lives, and how citizens like you can be part of it all. Below is the program schedule (topics assigned to specific dates are subject to change depending on staff availability):
- Session 1 (May 4th): Welcome with Mayor’s Office, Finance, Assessors, Law, Human Resources, and Information Technology
- Session 2 (May 11th): Department of Public Works
- Session 3 (May 18th): Clerk’s Office
- Session 4 (May 25th): Community & Economic Development & Transit
- Session 5 (June 1st): Water Utility
- Session 6 (June 8th): Public Safety
- Session 7 (June 15th): Parks, Recreation, and Forestry
- Session 8 (June 22nd): Graduation
The Green Bay City Hall Academy course runs for 8 weeks on Thursday evenings, 6:00PM – 8:00PM. In order to graduate, participants must attend at least six of the eight weeks. Participants will also be required to attend one City Council or Committee meeting during the program. There is no fee to register, but registration is required.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 920-448-3300.