Liquor Sales - Existing Establishments
Welcome to the City of Green Bay’s page for existing licensed establishments. Below are some common situations for current license holders.
Change of Licensed Premises
- Submit form: Change of Premises Application (PDF)
- Once received you will be added to the upcoming Protection & Policy Committee and Council meeting for approval/denial. (Must be submitted the Tuesday prior to the Committee meeting in order to be placed on the agenda). All changes to the licensed premises must also be approved by our Inspections Department. Call (920) 448-3300 to schedule the appointment.
Temporary Extension of Licensed Premises for one-day event
- Submit form: Temporary Expansion of Liquor License Application (PDF)
- Once received you will be added to the upcoming Protection & Policy Committee and Council meetings. Both the Committe and Council must approve your application, so please allow time for both to meet. Please submit the application on the Tuesday prior to the Committee meeting in order to be placed on the agenda. All events are subject to complaint.
Change of Agent
- $10 Change of Agent Fee
- Appointment of Agent Form (PDF)
- Auxiliary Questionnaire (PDF) Form for new agent
- A photocopy of the driver’s license/ID of new agent.
- Proof the agent has taken the WI responsible beverage server training course within the past two years or has been an agent or held an operator’s license within the past two years.
- We can accept change of agent document via mail or in-person at:
Green Bay City Clerk’s Office
100 N. Jefferson St. Room 106
Green Bay, WI 54301
- Once filed with the Clerk’s Office, Change of Agent applications are approved by the Protection & Policy Committee and Common Council. Upon approval, a new license will be mailed to the address on file.
Renewal Liquor License Application
All liquor licenses run July 1 to June 30. Renewals are to be filed with the Clerk by April 15.
- Renewal Alcohol Beverage License Application (PDF)
- Auxiliary Forms for each individual, partner, member, officer, and agent
- Government-issued photo ID for each individual, partner, member, officer, and agent
- Copy of Wisconsin Seller's Permit
- Proof of Ownership of property or copy of current lease. If you are the property owner, go to https://prod-landrecords.browncountywi.gov/GCSWebPortal/Search.aspx type in your address, press search click view detail. This would suffice as proof of ownership.
- $25 Publication Fee (full amount due later)
Retail License Transfer Premises to Premises
https://www.revenue.wi.gov/DORForms/at-112f.pdf (bar-same owner moves across street)